Board Meetings will continue to take place at their current location within Penn Center (2601 N 3rd St) until further notice.
On Thursday June 22, the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) published a final rule, amending the regulations regarding DEA Form 106. Learn more.
Guidance on Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certification During Declared State of Emergency
6/3/20 Updated Department of Health Guidance (PDF)
Learn more about the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Message from DEA regarding COVID-19 (PDF)
Guidance on COVID-19 for Dental Health Care Personnel in Pennsylvania (PDF)
Dentist-Expansion of Scope of Practice (PDF)
Online C.E. Waiver - Board Schedules
Targeted Distribution of PPE
On April 8, 2020, Governor Wolf Signed an order to provide targeted distribution of COVID-19 PPE and supplies to hospitals. The order requires private, public and quasi-public health care providers and facilities submit current inventory quantities of PPE, pharmaceuticals and other medical resources to PEMA by April 16, 2020. The survey link can be accessed
Additionally, a FAQ regarding this topic can be found
State Board of Dentistry
The Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs (BPOA) received reports that persons pretending to be from one of the health-related boards are contacting both active and inactive licensees. The scammers are altering the information that appears on caller ID to show the State Board phone number and name (spoofing). The scammers are known to be aggressively accusing licensees of drug trafficking and/or money laundering and sending emails and text messages indicated the license has been suspended. In addition, the scammers are sending facsimiles to licensees on forged letterhead, originating from a fake phone number.
BPOA reminds licensees and applicants of the following:
· We will NOT text, call or fax you a suspension notification. The Department initiates disciplinary action through an administrative process. If you are the subject of an investigation or disciplinary action, you will receive notice by certified mail and/or personal service.
· We will NOT engage you in a 3-way call with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
· We will NOT ask you to receive faxes from a specific retailer for a fee.
· Do NOT give your personal or financial information over the phone, by text message or fax, including your zip code.
· We will NEVER request payment for any service or civil penalty by wire, gift cards or transfer to a foreign country.
· We WILL provide you with a contact name and phone number if you are the subject of an investigation or disciplinary action.
· CONTACT the Board office if you are not sure if a communication pertaining to your licensure status is legitimate.
· CONTACT your local police department or the Pennsylvania State Police if you believe you have been the victim of a scam.
· REPORT any email or online scam attempts to the FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) Internet Crime Complaint Center(IC3) | Home Page
The State Board of Dentistry, through the licensure of dentists and dental hygienists and the certification of expanded function dental assistants, insures that such individuals are suitable and qualified. The Board issues, suspends and revokes licenses and certificates. In addition, the Board supervises dentists, dental hygienists and expanded function dental assistants to insure that they are complying with licensure and certification requirements and investigates complaints made against these individuals. The Board develops standards of professional conduct, including continuing education requirements, in order to maintain a high level of integrity and performance in the practice of dentistry.
Please note that neither the Board/Commission, nor its staff or counsel, are permitted to provide legal advice or advisory opinions, including interpretations of the law or regulations, or any indication as to how the Board would vote on any given case or scenario. You are invited to contact a private attorney or professional organization for advice or guidance