Keystone Login is a single, secure user credential that is used to log in to multiple online services from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania,
replacing existing PALogin credentials. Benefits include:
by using advanced authentication tools to prevent unauthorized access and protect personal data.
by using one (1) username and password for multiple Commonwealth services.
How do I get started
Users will need to link each of their existing accounts to their new Keystone Login account. This will migrate their access, preferences, and information to the new system. Instructions for linking each service are listed below:
Creating a new Keystone Login account:
required information and click
Recorded instructions from our 6/4/2019 webinars.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or need assistance.
1. What is Keystone Login?
Keystone Login is an account management system for commonwealth online services. You can use your Keystone Login username and password to log into any online service that participates in Keystone Login.
2. How does Keystone Login protect my information?
Keystone Login uses modern security and authentication methods to ensure that your information is protected from unauthorized access or use.
It is equally important that Keystone Login users protect their login credentials. For example, do not share them with anyone else, do not write them down and do not use the same username and password for other, unrelated accounts.
3. What is PALogin?
PALogin is an older online account management system used by many state agencies for their online services. Like Keystone Login, it allows a user to log into multiple online services with the same credentials. The commonwealth plans to transition all PALogin users to Keystone Login and decommission the service. Commonwealth agencies will notify users with online accounts when it is time to transition to Keystone Login. You can choose to migrate your existing PALogin user account to Keystone Login and retain all your account information or history.
4. Why do I have to migrate my account?
PALogin is based on older technology that has become increasingly difficult to maintain and has not kept pace with modern technology and security capabilities. Keystone Login will provide a more secure and user-friendly way for you to manage access to online services from commonwealth agencies.
5. What is Keystone ID?
Keystone ID is an online account management system used by the Department of Human Services, Department of Labor & Industry or State Employees’ Retirement System. Like Keystone Login, it allows a user to log into multiple online services with the same credentials. Keystone ID user accounts will eventually be transitioned to Keystone Login. Commonwealth agencies will notify users with online accounts when it is time to transition to Keystone Login. Please note that if you currently have a Keystone ID account, you can use the same user name and password to access online services that use Keystone Login.
6. When I try to create a new Keystone Login account, I get an error message that my email address is already in use?
There can be several causes for this error message.
- If you have a Keystone ID account through the Department of Human Services, Department of Labor & Industry or State Employees’ Retirement System, you must use the same user name and password to access services that use Keystone Login.
- You may have created a Keystone Login account already to migrate a user account from another commonwealth online service.
- If neither of these are the cause, you should contact the system administrator for the online service you are trying to access. In addition, you should also notify your email service provider.
7. My password does not work or I forgot it; what should I do?
If you don’t know your password, select the Forgot Password link. Enter your username to receive an email message with your password. The message will be sent to the email address associated with your Keystone Login account.
8. I forget my username, what should I do?
If you don’t know your username, select the Forgot Username link. Enter the email address associated with your Keystone Login account to receive a message with your username.
9. How do I change my password?
After you log into Keystone Login, you can select Edit Account to change your password, email address, username and other information.
10. Will Keystone Login share my information?
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania respects your privacy and will not share your information from Keystone Login with any third parties.