New Expedited Services Procedures
- ALL expedited filings must be accompanied by the
Expedite Service Request cover sheet.
- Deposit with the Bureau will be made to the DOS drop-box at 400 North Street, outside the Keystone Building. A check, money order or Customer Deposit Account is the only form of payment acceptable.
- Same-day processing requests must be delivered to the drop-box by 10AM.
- One-hour or three-hour expedited processing requests will require an email sent to Lyndelle Butler (firstname.lastname@example.org) AND Meredith Klinger (email@example.com) prior to drop off.
- Acceptance or rejection of the expedited submission will be returned only by email.
- The Bureau will accept a total of 15 expedited requests of any type, PER day, PER requestor. (This number may increase over time.)
The Bureau of Corporations and Charitable Organizations has learned that many new businesses are receiving a mailing (PDF) intended to deceive and defraud them. Visit our Scams page for more information.
OFAC Sanctions Lists
OFAC, is the agency within Treasury that enforces trade sanctions against various targeted foreign countries, groups, and individuals. Transactions with sanctioned countries or persons by U.S. persons or within the United States are prohibited. While there is no law requiring that people check these sanctions lists, it is illegal to do business with anyone on these sanctions lists.
The main sanctions lists are the Specially Designated Nationals (SDN) list and the
Consolidated Sanctions list.
Sanctions List Search is a free tool provided by OFAC to assist the public in complying with sanctions programs. This is for individual users that are looking for potential matches on OFAC's sanctions lists.
configurations for automated systems and software programs. OFAC's SDN list is
available in XML, fixed-field and delimited formats that can be imported into a variety of software programs. OFAC also publishes the
SDN data in a comma separated values format (CSV). This format is recognized by Excel and other spreadsheet programs and can be imported into spreadsheet format by simply opening the file in your default spreadsheet application.
Of course, these lists must be updated with changes, so OFAC has an email subscription service that will notify you when there are updates to the sanctions list. You can go to this
link to sign up for these services.
Act 170 of 2016 (effective February 21, 2017): New Laws on General Partnerships (including Limited Liability Partnerships), Limited Partnerships and Limited Liability Companies Coming to Pennsylvania (PDF)
Act 135 of 2016 (effective January 2, 2017): Business Fee exemption for Veteran-Owned and Reservist-Owned Small Businesses (PDF)
Subsistence Certificates/Certificates of Registration
As of July 2015, what was formerly known as a Good Standing Certificate is now referred to as a Subsistence Certificate for domestic filing entities and a Certificate of Registration for registered foreign associations.
Pennfile allows you to submit your filing application electronically, but your application still requires human review. Please allow 10 to 15 business days for processing. Upon completion your documents will be returned via email.
As we work to digitize our Corporate database, you may notice that some documents are readily available while others require scanning. When ordering documents that have not been scanned yet, we ask that you allow up to five business days for your order to be processed. Once your order is processed, you will be invoiced $3 per page. Within 24 hours of final payment, your documents will emailed to you.
UCC Filing Search