Board Meetings will take place at CoPA HUB, 2525 N 7th Street, Harrisburg, PA 17110
On Thursday June 22, the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) published a final rule, amending the regulations regarding DEA Form 106. Learn more.
Non-Approved COVID-19 Treatments and Medications
Paxlovid Information - August 2022
Some Continuing Education Restrictions Suspended for Licensed Professionals
State Board of Podiatry
The Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs (BPOA) received reports that persons pretending to be from one of the health-related boards are contacting both active and inactive licensees. The scammers are altering the information that appears on caller ID to show the State Board phone number and name (spoofing). The scammers are known to be aggressively accusing licensees of drug trafficking and/or money laundering and sending emails and text messages indicated the license has been suspended. In addition, the scammers are sending facsimiles to licensees on forged letterhead, originating from a fake phone number.
BPOA reminds licensees and applicants of the following:
· We will NOT text, call or fax you a suspension notification. The Department initiates disciplinary action through an administrative process. If you are the subject of an investigation or disciplinary action, you will receive notice by certified mail and/or personal service.
· We will NOT engage you in a 3-way call with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
· We will NOT ask you to receive faxes from a specific retailer for a fee.
· Do NOT give your personal or financial information over the phone, by text message or fax, including your zip code.
· We will NEVER request payment for any service or civil penalty by wire, gift cards or transfer to a foreign country.
· We WILL provide you with a contact name and phone number if you are the subject of an investigation or disciplinary action.
· CONTACT the Board office if you are not sure if a communication pertaining to your licensure status is legitimate.
· CONTACT your local police department or the Pennsylvania State Police if you believe you have been the victim of a scam.
· REPORT any email or online scam attempts to the FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) Internet Crime Complaint Center(IC3) | Home Page
The State Board of Podiatry regulates the licensure and registration of podiatrists in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The Board administers an examination to license applicants; grants, refuses, suspends, revokes or cancels licenses or registrations of podiatrists; and promulgates a list of drugs which may be administered and prescribed by podiatrists.
VERIFICATION OF OPIOID EDUCATION FOR DOCTOR OF PODIATRIC MEDICINE APPLICATIONS AND RENEWALS SUBMITTED AFTER JULY 1, 2017 (PDF)
note that neither the Board/Commission, nor its staff or counsel, are permitted
to provide legal advice or advisory opinions, including interpretations of the
law or regulations, or any indication as to how the Board would vote on any
given case or scenario. You are invited to contact a private attorney or
professional organization for advice or guidance.