Content Editor 
- With the Governor's signing of Act 30 of 2022, licensing waivers that had been set to expire June 30, 2022 will remain active until October 31, 2022, unless action is taken to end them sooner. We will provide additional updates as needed.
For assistance, please visit www.pals.pa.gov or call Toll Free: 1-833-DOS-BPOA (1-833-367-2762)
The Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs (BPOA) received reports that a person pretending to be from the State Board of Vehicle Manufacturers, Dealers, and Salespersons is calling licensees about the status of their license. The scammer asks for credit card information. Persons who give their credit card information may not only lose their money, but also can become a victim of identity theft.
Licensees are urged to avoid becoming a victim of credit card fraud or identity theft:
- BPOA and/or Board will NOT call licensees asking for payment over the phone.
- If you get a text message or call asking for your credit card information, hang up.
- Do NOT give your personal or financial information over the phone.
- If you feel that you are a victim of any type of scam, you should immediately notify your local or state police.
State Board of Vehicle Manufacturers, Dealers, and Salespersons
The State Board of Vehicle Manufacturers, Dealers and Salespersons serves to protect the public interest in the purchase and trade of vehicles so as to insure protection against irresponsible vendors and dishonest or fraudulent sales practices.
The Board regulates the licensure of salespersons, dealers, vehicle auctions, manufacturers, factory branches, distributors, distributor branches and factory or distributor representatives in the vehicle industry. Also, the Board determines whether a manufacturer may establish a new vehicle dealer or relocate an existing new vehicle dealer within or into a relevant market area where the same line-make is then represented. In addition, the Board investigates complaints and allegations of wrongful acts of any licensee or person required to be licensed by law.
The Board also supplies a list, to be posted at all vehicle auctions, containing the names of all licensees who are currently revoked or suspended and persons who were penalized for unlicensed activity within the last year.
**Please note that neither
the Board/Commission, nor its staff or counsel, are permitted to provide legal
advice or advisory opinions, including interpretations of the
law or regulations, or any indication as to how the Board would vote on any
given case or scenario. You are invited to contact a private attorney or
professional organization for advice or guidance.**