Uniform Commercial Code (UCC)
March 31, 2016--The search function for UCC listings is
experiencing technical difficulties at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate
your patience as we work to resolve the problem. Please visit our website for updates.
Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) Search Notice
Until further notice, for best search results for filings indexed under a specific business or individual name, please use the "Non-Standard RA9" tab, mark the "Starting With" option and change "Lapse Status" to read "All".
Act 18 of 2001, the Uniform Commercial Code Modernization Act of 2001, was signed into law on June 8, 2001. This Act was effective on July 1, 2001.
- The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania has adopted the National UCC Financing Statement, the National UCC Financing Statement Amendment, the Information Request and the Information Statement as approved by the International Association of Commercial Administrators (IACA). No other forms will be accepted. Only one copy of the form should be submitted. A computerized acknowledgement, with the filing information, will be returned to the filer.
- The filing fees are $84.00 per formfor the Financing Statement, the Financing Statement Amendment and the Statement of Claim. Checks must contain a commercially pre-printed name and address. There is no additional fee for attachments or additional debtors. The fee for a search request is $12.00 per Debtor name to be searched. If copies are requested, there is an additional fee of $3.00 per page copied. If certified copies are requested, there is an additional charge of $28.00.
- The Department will not reject a filing that lacks an Organization ID number if the filing contains enough information so that it can be properly indexed and the debtor adequately identified. The Organizational ID number is the entity number that is assigned to an association when they file articles, certificates or other organizational documents with the Department of State. All registered associations have an entity number.
- Debtor names will be indexed exactly as they appear on the Financing Statement. If multiple debtors are listed in one block, they will be indexed as one debtor. You must use the Financing Statement and the Financing Statement Addendum form to list all Debtor and Secured Party names. The Department will not retrieve Debtor or Secured Party information from attachments.
- Only one transaction may be filed per UCC Amendment form. Multiple transactions must be submitted on multiple forms.
NOTICE: Because of the increased threat of identity theft and heightened personal security concerns, the Department of State has begun redacting Social Security numbers and bank account and credit card numbers, where identifiable, from UCC financing statements for all filings received on or after August 7, 2002. To assist the Bureau, filers may wish to delete this information prior to filing.
You may contact the Uniform Commercial Code section by calling 717-787-1057 option 2, or by mail at: Uniform Commercial Code, PO Box 8721, Harrisburg, PA 17105-8721.