3rd Party Nomination Paperwork
"Things you Will Need" Checklist
- Please download a copy of the nomination paper filing instructions here (PDF).
- You must file with your nomination paper a completed an notarized Candidate's Affidavit. You may download it here (PDF).
- You must file nomination paper page(s) with the required number of signatures for the office you are seeking. You may download it here (PDF).
- You must file a copy of you Statement of Financial Interests, if applicable (not required for Federal offices). The form may be located here.
- The original copy of your Statement of Financial Interests must be filed with the State Ethics Commission on or before the nomination paper filing deadline.
- You must submit with you nomination paper a certified check or money order in the appropriate amount payable to the 'Commonwealth of Pennsylvania' (personal checks cannot be accepted).
- Please download a copy of the Signature Requirements here (PDF).
- Papers muster be printed 2-sided on 8 1/2 x 14" paper, head to head
- Paper pages that are not printed 2-sided will not be accepted
- Signatures can be gathered only during the nomination paper circulation and filing period
- Signatures that are dated before the first day to circulate or after the last day to circulate will not be counted
The deadline to file nomination papers is August 1, 2019.
QUALIFICATIONS OF JUSTICES AND JUDGES
AS PROVIDED BY ARTICLE V, SECTION 12(a)
OF THE CONSTITUTION OF PENNSYLVANIA
Justices, judges and justices of the peace shall be citizens of the Commonwealth. Justices and judges shall be members of the bar of the Supreme Court. Justices and judges of statewide courts, for a period of one year preceding their election or appointment and during their continuance in office, shall reside within the Commonwealth. Other judges and justices of the peace, for a period of one year preceding their election or appointment and during their continuance in office, shall reside within their respective districts, except as provided in this article for temporary assignments.
Statewide and State Level Office for Election in 2019
- Superior Court
- Court of Common Pleas
- Philadelphia Municipal Court
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call 1-877-868-3772, option 5.