3rd Party Nomination Paperwork
The Pennsylvania Department of State, Bureau of Elections, has issued corrected minimum signature requirements for minor political party and political body candidates running for district-based offices in the 2022 general election, in accordance with 25 P.S. § 2911(b). These new numbers reflect county precinct data and changes related to the new district boundaries instituted in early 2022.
"Things you Will Need" Checklist
- Please download a copy of the nomination paper filing instructions here (PDF).
- You must file with your nomination paper a completed and notarized Candidate's Affidavit. You may download it here (PDF).
- You must file nomination paper page(s) with the required number of signatures for the office you are seeking. You may download it here (PDF).
- You must file a copy of you Statement of Financial Interests, if applicable (not required for Federal offices). The form may be located here.
- The original copy of your Statement of Financial Interests must be filed with the State Ethics Commission on or before the nomination paper filing deadline.
- You must submit with your nomination paper a certified check or money order in the appropriate amount payable to the 'Commonwealth of Pennsylvania' (personal checks and cash cannot be accepted).
- Please download a copy of the Signature Requirements here: Representative in Congress, Senator in the General Assembly, Representative in the General Assembly.
- Papers must be printed 2-sided on 8 1/2 x 14" paper, head to head
- Paper pages that are not printed 2-sided will not be accepted
- Signatures can be gathered only during the nomination paper circulation and filing period
- Signatures that are dated before the first day to circulate or after the last day to circulate will not be counted
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-868-3772, option 5.