Pennsylvania Licensure Requirements
24 Hours of Continuing Education
25.00 Initial Fee
0.00 Renewal Fee
Perform diagnostic imaging examinations, such as x rays, on patients. MRI technologists operate magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanners to create diagnostic images.
The applicant must receive an Associate's Degree from an American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)approved educational program.
An applicant must pass one of the following examinations to satisfy licensure requirements:
- ARRT Examination in Radiography
- ARRT Examination in Radiation Therapy Technology
- ARRT Examination in Nuclear Medicine Technology
- ARRT Limited Examination in Radiography
- ARRT Limited Examination in Radiography—Skull and Sinuses
To verify that an applicant has passed one of the approved examinations and is certified, the individual must provide documentation of certification from one of the following organizations:
- The American Registry of Radiology Technologists (ARRT)
- The American Chiropractic Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ACRRT)
- The Dental Assisting National Board, Inc. (DANB)
- The Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB) - The American Society of Podiatric Medical Assistants (ASPMA).
24 hours of continuing education required for licensure renewal.
Initial Licensing Fee:
Licensure Renewal Fee:
Licensure By Act 41:
Act 41 allows for portability of out-of-state professional licensees coming to work in Pennsylvania. Act 41 does this by granting all boards and commissions within the Commonwealth the authority to immediately endorse licensees from other states, territories or jurisdictions (with substantially equivalent licensing requirements) who are active, in good standing and without discipline against their license or criminal conviction.