Begin Main Content Area


Question: Why did I receive a renewal notice when I was just recently licensed?
Answer: All licenses for a particular profession expire on the same date. The first license issued may be valid for more or less than the normal renewal period, usually 24 months. Thereafter, your renewed license will be valid for the entire renewal cycle.
Question: To whom do I report a lost license?
Answer: Lost licenses may be reported by writing to the Board. Be sure to include your full name, address and license number when reporting a lost license.

Question: How do I renew my license?
Answer: Renewal notices are mailed 60 to 90 days in advance of the expiration date, to the last address of record provided by the licensee. Follow the instructions on the renewal notice. If your license is expired contact the board office to obtain the renewal information. 
Question: What should I do if I did not receive a renewal notice?
Answer: When a board has entered the renewal period you can print a renewal application from the board's Web page.
Question: How many continuing education hours do I need to renew my license?
Answer: Go to the appropriate board Web page, click on 'licensure information', click on 'renewal information' to access the information regarding number of credits required for renewal.
Question: How can I obtain a list of continuing education providers?
Answer: Some boards have this information posted on their Web page. Refer to the appropriate board Web page for further information.
Question: How do I report a change of address?
Answer: Access the board Web page and click on the ‘address change’ option. NOTE: Certain restrictions regarding the mailing address used for your license apply to licenses issued by some Boards. To avoid delay in processing please be sure to use a business address if it is required for the type of license you hold. 

Question: How can I obtain another copy of my license?
Answer: You may obtain a duplicate copy of your license by submitting a $5.00 check or money order payable to the Commonwealth of Pa. to the appropriate licensing board. Be sure to include your full name, license number and current address.
Question: How can I have a license verification sent to another state?
Answer: You will find directions on the Web page for the appropriate board. 

Business-Related Boards
Health-Related Boards