Board Meetings will continue to take place at their current location within Penn Center (2601 N 3rd St) until further notice.
Targeted Distribution of PPE
On April 8, 2020, Governor Wolf Signed an order to provide targeted distribution of COVID-19 PPE and supplies to hospitals. The order requires private, public and quasi-public health care providers and facilities submit current inventory quantities of PPE, pharmaceuticals and other medical resources to PEMA by April 16, 2020. The survey link can be accessed
Additionally, a FAQ regarding this topic can be found
Pennsylvania Extends License Renewal Deadlines for Chiropractors (PDF)
Chiropractors - Expansion of Scope of Practice to Provide Assistance in Responding to COVID-19 (PDF)
Learn more about the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
State Board of Chiropractic
The Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs (BPOA) received reports that persons pretending to be from one of the health-related boards are contacting both active and inactive licensees. The scammers are altering the information that appears on caller ID to show the State Board phone number and name (spoofing). The scammers are known to be aggressively accusing licensees of drug trafficking and/or money laundering and sending emails and text messages indicated the license has been suspended. In addition, the scammers are sending facsimiles to licensees on forged letterhead, originating from a fake phone number.
BPOA reminds licensees and applicants of the following:
· We will NOT text, call or fax you a suspension notification. The Department initiates disciplinary action through an administrative process. If you are the subject of an investigation or disciplinary action, you will receive notice by certified mail and/or personal service.
· We will NOT engage you in a 3-way call with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
· We will NOT ask you to receive faxes from a specific retailer for a fee.
· Do NOT give your personal or financial information over the phone, by text message or fax, including your zip code.
· We will NEVER request payment for any service or civil penalty by wire, gift cards or transfer to a foreign country.
· We WILL provide you with a contact name and phone number if you are the subject of an investigation or disciplinary action.
· CONTACT the Board office if you are not sure if a communication pertaining to your licensure status is legitimate.
· CONTACT your local police department or the Pennsylvania State Police if you believe you have been the victim of a scam.
· REPORT any email or online scam attempts to the FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) Internet Crime Complaint Center(IC3) | Home Page
The State Board of Chiropractic provides for and regulates the licensure of chiropractors in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Among its other functions, the Board provides for examinations for chiropractic license applicants and certifies qualified licensees to use adjunctive procedures.
Please note that neither the Board/Commission, nor its staff or counsel, are permitted to provide legal advice or advisory opinions, including interpretations of the law or regulations, or any indication as to how the Board would vote on any given case or scenario. You are invited to contact a private attorney or professional organization for advice or guidance.